Digital Edition Frequently Asked Questions
I heard that there are some changes to Chatelaine. What are they?
As of January 1, 2017, Chatelaine will go from being published monthly to being published bi-monthly (6x per year), offering fresh content digitally through Texture, stand-alone digital editions, websites, and apps.
What happens next?
If you are a monthly pay subscriber through iTunes your billing will continue without any changes.
If you are a 6–month or annual subscriber through iTunes, the number of issues owed to you does not change. Your subscription will be extended to cover all of the issues that you have already paid for, so you don’t have to do anything.
If you did not purchase your subscription through iTunes, a letter has been sent to you with all the details on how your subscription will be honored.
How does the frequency change impact my subscription?
We will be serving the remaining number of issues owed to you by extending your expiration date to ensure you get the full value of what you paid for.
What happens if I am an RRA customer?
The Rogers Reader's Advantage program will continue to offer the guaranteed lowest prices to Rogers customers on Rogers magazines charged monthly to their Rogers bill. There is no commitment and you can cancel at any time. Gift subscriptions are no longer offered through the Rogers Reader's Advantage program, effective September 30, 2016. If you ordered a one-year gift subscription, charged to your Rogers bill, and it extends into 2017, you will be provided with a credit.
What happens if I am an FIDO customer?
The Fido Magazine program will continue to offer the guaranteed lowest prices to Fido customers on Rogers magazines charged monthly to their Fido bill. There is no commitment and you can cancel at any time Gift subscriptions are no longer offered through the Fido Magazine Program, effective September 30, 2016. If you ordered a one-year gift subscription, charged to your Fido bill, and it extends into 2017, you will be provided with a credit.
What happens if I ordered my subscription through RMS?
Rogers Magazine Service is a continuous service subscription program (RogersMags.com), offering more than 150 top Canadian and U.S. magazines, including magazines published by Rogers. Rogers Magazine Service will cease its sales operation on December 31, 2016. Customer Service on all magazines sold through this program will continue in 2017, via RogersMags.com. As of January 2017, your credit card will no longer be charged.
What happens if I ordered my subscription through an agency? (e.g. EBSCO, QSP, PCH, Groupe Somitel, Rabais Campus/LeBlanc & David)
- Please contact the Agency for further details:
- Groupe Somitel – 1-800-868-5892
- LeBlanc & David / Rabais Campus – 1-800-265-0180
- PCH (Publishers' Clearing House) – 1-800-645-9242
- QSP (Quality Service Program) – 1-800-667-2536
Will you still have a digital version through iTunes?
Yes, digital version of Chatelaine will still be available in iTunes.
Can I transfer my unused portion for 2017 to the digital format?
If your magazine continues in print, you'll get digital free.
Can I use the remainder of my subscription towards Texture?
No, but you are more than welcome to try Texture for free. Please contact us to receive your 30-days free trial of Texture at 1-800-268-6812.
Questions About Digital Editions
- How is the digital edition different from the print edition?
- How is the digital edition delivered to me?
- Can I read my digital magazines on more than one computer or device?
- How does a print subscriber activate the digital subscription?
- Do I need to be connected to the Internet to read my issues?
- Are digital archives available?
- Where can I go with additional technical questions?
Questions About Digital Subscriptions
- How can I purchase digital subscription?
- How can I purchase a digital single issue?
- What if I am already a subscriber to the print version? Can I convert my subscription to the digital version?
- Can I switch back from the digital version to the print version?
- Who can I contact with additional subscription related questions?
Web site Related Questions
- How has our Website changed?
- What is Responsive Design (RWD)?
- How does Responsive Web Design Work?
- What are the benefits to end-users of Responsive Web Design?
- What content is no longer available for free?
- How much of this content can I view for free?
- I have a subscription to your magazine. Do I get free access?
Questions About Digital Editions
How is the digital edition different from the print edition?
The digital edition contains all the same content as the print edition, including articles, and photos. Where possible, we are always looking to insert exclusive content into the digital editions to provide a more interactive experience.
How is the digital edition delivered to me?
Your digital edition will be delivered directly to your device that you have activated your subscription with.
Can I read my digital magazines on more than one computer or device?
You can read your digital issues both at work and at home on every device associated with your device provider.
How does a print subscriber activate the digital subscription?
For your Apple Device:
- Visit the Newsstand section within the App Store
- Download the app for the magazine
- Tap the red ACTIVATE MY SUBSCRIPTION button, in the top right corner
- Enter your subscription account number and tap SUBMIT
Do I need to be connected to the Internet to read my issues?
No, you only need to be connected when you download your issues.
Are digital archives available?
Each issue you receive is stored on your device for easy access and archiving.
Where do I go with additional technical questions?
You can visit our Support Page:
or for further assistance:
Questions About Digital Subscriptions
How can I purchase digital subscription?
How can I purchase a digital single issue?
What if I am already a subscriber to the print version? Can I convert my subscription to the digital version?
Yes, simply contact our customer service department (For Apple iOs and Android devices). You may call us at 1-888-622-5326 (within Canada and the U.S.) or fax us at 1-800-364-3418, or click here to make your request at any time. Be sure to include the exact name and address as it appears on your account. Please state that you want to switch from print to digital version. Your subscription will be reset based upon the current digital subscription price.
Can I switch back from the digital version to the print version?
Yes, if you have purchased your subscription directly from us simply contact our customer service department. You may call us at 1-888-622-5326 (within Canada and the U.S.) or fax us at 1-800-364-3418
Who can I contact with additional subscription-related questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name and address on your subscription.
Web site Related Questions
How has our Website changed?
Our website is now using Responsive Design. The website is also now restricting the amount of content that is available for free.
What is Responsive Design (RWD)?
It is an approach to web design in which a site is designed and built to organize and display content in an optimal way - easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling-for the device (from desktop computer monitors to tablets to mobile phones) through which the content is being consumed.
How does Responsive Web Design Work?
A single set of code is created that changes size and layout based on the screen size of the end user's device.
What are the benefits to end-users of Responsive Web Design?
- A more consistent content experience across devices: same content is available across devices, giving users a full website experience regardless of their device, not a stripped down version of the full website when on mobile for example
- New content releases, updates, enhancements can be pushed out to several platforms simultaneously, making it accessible to users at the same time, regardless of the device on which they access the site
- The site is more likely to work properly on the device a user chooses, providing a more enjoyable consumer experience
- Visiting a website where the layout is adapted to the device on which a user is coming to the site increases ease of use for the end user, eg. users visiting from their mobile phone are less likely to encounter a miniscule desktop view of pages
- The adaptive layout of Responsive Web Design allows the site to adapt to, and accommodate the site to, the screen sizes of new devices as they hit the market
- Responsive web design is more search optimized, making the site and its content more findable for users (having one single site that adapts to devices rather than multiple versions of the sites, each with their own domain)
What content is no longer available for free?
The articles and other content (i.e. bonus photo galleries) that appear in the print and digital magazines are now considered premium content. Subscribers to the magazine can read all of these but those who are not subscribers cannot.
How much of this content can I view for free?
In addition to all the free content on the site, readers are allowed to view 3 premium articles each month without incurring any fees. After viewing those articles, by registering on our site you will be able to read up to 7 more premium articles. However, once you have reached your monthly limit, you will be required to subscribe to the magazine. Current subscribers will be able to identify themselves via their account number and will be able to read all of the content as part of their subscription.
I have a subscription to your magazine. Do I get free access?
Yes. Most subscribers do get a free All Access subscription. This package includes free, unlimited access to our website and our various apps. To activate your subscription on any of these platforms you will need your magazine account number.
The one exception are customers who have made purchases directly from Apple, Amazon, Google Play and other digital stores. Since we are unable to validate your subscription status with those vendors, we are unable to provide access the same as people who have purchased directly from Rogers.